National Clean Your Refrigerator Day Is Coming Up And I Think We Need to Observe It
I don't know what it is about Husbando, but that man just doesn't like leftovers. When he cooks, he cooks for like six people, completely unnecessary to do. Then there's a ton of leftovers everywhere, and they don't get eaten by Husbando. He'll make a PB&J for dinner and be happy about it. So it can be hard for me to get stuff out of our fridge, because he doesn't like to eat them. Tupperware litters my fridge. I hate to waste food, so I end up eating them, but I don't go through them very fast.
So I guess the time has come to observe National Clean Your Refrigerator Day. It's coming up on the 15th. I did some searching on the internet and found some guidelines to be sure I'm doing this the Adult way.
Some suggestions for your refrigeration cleaning are:
- Empty each shelf.
- Completely wipe down the inside of the refrigerator.
- Wash drawers and underneath the drawers.
- Throw away all expired food.
- Throw away any moldy food.
- Get rid of anything that you do not use.
- Vacuum condenser coils.
- Vacuum out under the refrigerator.
- Restock shelves and drawers with good food.
- Enjoy your nice, clean, organized refrigerator.
Yeah, that's going to be a task. I bet there's jarred pesto in there from like, last year. And did you know pickles can mold? 'Cause they can. And they do. Maybe we should throw out three or four bottles of barbecue sauce. Little steps.
Are you going to clean out your fridge? Have you done it recently? Did anything surprise you the last time you cleaned out your fridge?